How to change the name on my Boating License in BC?
At MyBoatCard.com® we understand you might have to change your name for a number of reasons. We are here to help make the process as fast as possible.
How to request a name change on my boating license in BC?
To request a name change to your boating license (also known as a Pleasure Craft Operator Card), you will firstly need to confirm that your boating license was issued by MyBoatCard.com.
Only the original boating license provider can change your name on the Transport Canada database and issue you a new boaters license (PCOC) with the updated name. To check which provider issued your PCOC – have a look at the front of your card and it should have the providers name on the bottom left hand corner of the card.
If MyBoatCard.com issued your original boating license (PCOC) , simply email email@example.com and include all of the following in your email:
- A photo of your existing Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC)
- A photo of your photo I.D. (prior to the name change – driver’s license or passport)
- A photo of your photo I.D. (after the name change – driver’s license or passport)
- Shipping address where you would like to receive the cards
- The number of updated cards you would like to receive
When your email has been received and processed, you will receive:
- Confirmation that your name has been successfully updated on the Transport Canada database, and
- Instructions on how to make payment for your replacement cards.
Once payment has been processed successfully, you will receive a temporary boater license with your updated name, that you can print at home and go boating straight away.
Your new permanent PCOC will be shipped out to you within 48 hours.
How much does it cost to change the name on my boating license in BC?
There is no cost to update your name on the Transport Canada database.
There is a fee to re-manufacture and ship your new Pleasure Craft Operator Cards (PCOCs) to you in BC. The fees are the same as the lost card replacement fees:
- The first PCOC with the updated name costs $17.95.
- Additional PCOCs ordered at the same time are only $7.95 each.
Shipping and handling is free. You can order as many copies of your PCOC as you like.
To correct an error on your boating license in BC
Additional information about the BC boating license
TRY IT. FREE.
Transport Canada approved Boater Safety Course is free.
Take the course in your own time and risk free.
Other providers try to get you to pay upfront before you even have a chance to try out their course!
MyBoatCard.com® is accredited by Transport Canada to deliver boating safety courses and administer tests for the issuance of Pleasure Craft Operator Cards, including replacement cards, under the Competency of Operators of Pleasure Craft Regulations.